Welcome to Commsor Inc.
Commsor Inc. (“Commsor”, “us”, “we”, and/or “our”) operates www.Commsor.com and related services available through our online portals (hereinafter referred to as our “Service”).
2. Information Collection
We may collect several different types of information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below.
If you do not provide your information when requested, you may not be able to use our Service if that information is necessary to provide you with our Service or if we are legally required to collect it.
A. Information You Provide to Us
Registration and Profile Information. When you sign up for an account, register to use our Service, request access to our Service, or participate in demos, we ask you to create a password and ask you for your email address, first name and last name, community or company name, information about the communication tools and platforms that you use, information about your community-building goals and challenges you face in building your community, and other information.
Payment Information. When you make a purchase, third-party service providers that handle payments for us will receive your payment card information.
Funding Application Information. If you apply for funding from us through our Service, we ask for your name, email address, company name, company URL, information about your product, demo video or presentation, and other information you choose to provide.
Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact us for customer support, we will receive your email address, social media handle, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide. If you subscribe to our newsletter, then we will collect certain information from you, such as your email address. You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us through the link in the message or by emailing us at email@example.com.
B. Information We Collect When You Use our Service
Device Information. We receive information about the device and software that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access our Service by or through a mobile device, including your computer's Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, web browser type, browser version, operating system version, and unique device identifiers.
Usage Information. To help us understand how you use our Service and to help us improve it, when you use our Service, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Service, like the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other diagnostic data (“Usage Data”).
Location Information. When you use our Service, we infer the general physical location of your device and the geographic regions our Users come from. For example, your IP address may indicate your general geographic region.
C. Information We Receive from Third Parties
Third-Party Services. You may also post messages, comments, photos, or reviews on our pages available through third-party platforms, including Slack channels, and on Twitter or LinkedIn. If you do so, we and other users may be able to view the information you make available through these third-party platforms.
Other Third Parties. We may receive additional information about you from third parties and combine it with other information.
3. How We Use Information We Collect
We use the information we collect:
- to provide, maintain, improve, and enhance our Service, including through service providers who may maintain or service accounts, provide customer service, process or fulfill orders, verify customer information, process payments, provide analytic services, or provide similar services on behalf of the business or service provider;
- to notify you about changes to our Service;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so;
- to communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to our Service, provide information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide customer support;
- to gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service and develop new products, services, and features;
- to monitor the usage of our Service;
- to de-identify and/or aggregate information collected through our Service for our business purposes;
- for debugging purposes to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- to detect, prevent and address technical issues, security incidents, and fraud, and respond
- to trust and safety issues that may arise;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- for compliance purposes, including carrying out our obligations and enforcing our Terms or other legal rights, including those arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency;
- to provide you with notices about your account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices, email-instructions, etc.; and
- for any other purpose with your consent or for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
Our Use of European Personal Data
If you are located in the European Economic Area, we only process your information when we have a valid “legal basis”, including when:
- Contractual necessity. We need your information to provide you with our Service, for example to respond to your inquiries.
- Compliance with a legal obligation. We have a legal obligation to use your information, for example to comply with tax and accounting obligations.
- Legitimate interests. We or a third party have a legitimate interest in using your information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your information for product development and internal analytics purposes, and otherwise to improve the safety, security, and performance of our Service. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
4. Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access Service by or through a mobile device (“Usage Data”).
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access Service with a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
5. Retention of Data
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
6. Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it there.
7. How We Share the Information We Collect
We may share or otherwise disclose information that we collect from or about you as described below, permitted by law, or otherwise disclosed to you at the time of collection.
Disclosure for Law Enforcement and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose information about you if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) comply with requests from auditors, examiners, or other regulators; (c) respond to your requests; or (d) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Business Transaction or Other Asset Transfers. We may disclose and transfer information about you to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets.
Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with contractors, vendors, service providers, and other third-party companies and individuals in connection with the provision of our Service.
Other Community Members. Our Service allows you to connect and communicate with other Users as you build your community. Certain information that you make available in our Service, such as your comments in our forums and channels will be viewable by other users in these forums and channels by default. We are not responsible for other Users use of available information, so you should carefully consider whether and what to post or how you identify yourself on our Service.
Marketing. We do not rent, sell, or share information about you with non-affiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes, unless we have your permission.
Consent. We may also disclose information about you or your devices to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it or with your permission or consent.
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
9. Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are located in the European Economic Area, you have the additional rights described below.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- the right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you;
- the right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete;
- the right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data;
- the right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
- the right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of your Personal Data in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format;
- the right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we rely on your consent to process your Personal Data;
You may exercise these rights by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. Please note, we may not able to provide our Service without some necessary data. Please note that there are exceptions and limitations to each of these rights, and that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable period of time, we may retain information for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area.
10. Your Data Protection Rights under the California Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
According to CalOPPA we agree to the following:
- users can visit our site anonymously;
- users are able to change their personal information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Policy on “Do Not Track” Signals:
We honor Do Not Track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track browser mechanism is in place. Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
11. Your Choices
Update Your Information. Users are able to change their personal information by emailing us at email@example.com.
Marketing Communications. You can unsubscribe from our promotional emails via the link provided in the emails. Even if you opt-out of receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us.
12. Third Parties
13. Children's Privacy
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18.
18. Contact Us
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org